Pre & Post
Get the most out of your treatments with these easy to follow instructions
COME WELL HYDRATED
Drink at least 4-8 glasses before your session.
DO NOT EAT SUGAR 2 HOURS BEFORE AND AFTER THE SESSION.
Consuming sugar will return immediate energy to fat cells, so the apoptosis [cell death] effect will be less efficient or canceled entirely. This applies to ALL natural & artificial sugars (cane, aspertame, stevia, etc.), or foods that are digested as sugars such as pasta, rice, bread, cereals, etc.
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER AFTER YOUR TREATMENT.
This helps to flush out the dead fat cells.
The best foods to eat before or after a treatment are:
- green veggies
- foods that are high in protein (chicken, beef, tofu)
- avoid anything thats been marinated or seasoned with hidden sugars
OTHER HELPFUL TIPS
The lymphatic system takes 15 days to complete an entire cycle. Results will improve over the two weeks following the session. Additional slimming sessions can be completed 2 weeks after a treatment.
For lasting results, maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle to accompany your treatment. As with any skincare routine, proper maintenance is required to achieve your desired results.
All Permanent Makeup
- Work out 24 hours before procedure.
- Take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Consume alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure. This includes caffeine in decaf coffee, tea and soda drinks.
- Consume fish oil, prenatal vitamins, nutritional shakes (Shakeology, etc), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Undergo chemical peels, microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
- Tanning of any kind for one week prior to procedure.
- Brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior. The more natural hair growth you have, the better.
- Using Retinols at least four weeks prior
- Using Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area two weeks prior
- Botox and/or filler treatments on the forehead, temple, and eye area for one month prior to treatment.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
Please follow these instructions as carefully as possible. Failure to do so will result in discoloration, patchiness or infection.
- Keep the the brow area clean by using a natural fragrance-free gel cleanser, such as Cetaphil and water. Hands must be freshly clean when cleansing the area.
- Allow eyebrows to completely air dry before applying ointment. Apply the after care ointment given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q-Tip.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- Rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- Use abrasive washcloths or sponges to clean the area.
- Sit in direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of four weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Use a pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for four weeks.
- Inject botox for 4 weeks. Wait until after your touch up heals to get Botox, as an educated injector will take your new brows into consideration when choosing where to inject.
- Sweating for a full 10 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Makeup or skincare products on the treated area for two weeks.
- Facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for four weeks.
- Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed. These products cause discoloration.
- After 10 days, or once the area has healed completely, use sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
IF YOU ARE…
- Prone to herpes simplex infections, such as cold sores, ask your physician whether prophylaxis therapy is appropriate prior to the procedure.
- Sunburned or display any sun overexposure the day preceding your appointment, please reschedule
- On autoimmune therapy, ask your physician if you should refrain from taking any medications prior to your SkinPen procedure.
THIS PROCEDURE MAY NOT BE PERFORMED ON…
- Active breakouts
- Open lesions
- Sun burned skin
Please consult your physician prior to your SkinPen procedure to address any such issues.
Wait at least six months post isotretinoin use before your SkinPen procedure, as isotretinoin use may impair wound healing and increase risk of scar tissue formation.
Allow 48 hours after spray or self-tanning lotions before your SkinPen procedure.
- sun exposure for 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- use of topical products containing Retinol or Vitamin A for 24 hours prior to your SkinPen procedure.
Skinpen Post Instructions & Info
The treated area may be pink and mildly inflamed (similar to the appearance of a mild sunburn) for 24-48 hours following your SkinPen procedure.
It is advised to keep your skin clean of cosmetics or sunscreen for the remainder of your day post-procedure.
- Sun exposure!!! You will not be wearing sunscreen. You may return to sunscreen use the day following the procedure. Continue to minimize sun exposure for one week following the procedure.
- Strenuous exercise or excessive perspiration, as excess blood flow and sweat can cause discomfort and irritation to compromised skin.
- Use of any topical products not provided by your skincare professional for specific use with this procedure. vThis includes but is not limited to cosmetics, cleansers, sunscreens, moisturizers, etc.