- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior procedure.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Keep the the brow area clean by using a natural fragrance-free gel cleanser (such as Cetaphil) and water. Hands must be freshly clean . Avoid use of abrasive washcloths or sponges.
- Allow eyebrows to completely air dry before applying ointment. Apply the after care ointment given (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q-Tip.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- COMPLETELY avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid sweating for a full 10 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- NO botox for 4 weeks. We recommend that it’s best to wait until after your touch up heals to get Botox, as an educated injector will take your new brows into consideration when choosing where to inject.
- After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed.